Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Griswald-style vacation


We returned yesterday from a road-tripping family vacation. Mom, Pop, 3 kids and a minivan. We took the twin cities by storm -- or at least Wyatt did with a temper tantrum at every stop. I do believe that we're better parents for it. I learned that Owen will take a dare, and then regret it deeply except during his daily dramatic retellings. I learned that Wyatt is not a morning person (6 a.m. wake up call -- "STINKY mommy stop patting meeeeeee!!") Ryder can end a backseat argument with aplomb. To wit -- Owen: Ryder, do you HAVE a big brain like me? Ryder: Nope, but I haf a big belly. I learned that Shadd can tolerate a lot more family time than he lets on and I learned that built-in DVD players are manna from heaven. I also learned Shadd and I can still two-step and that I will always cry at weddings. It's good to be home, but it was a great adventure.

No comments: